-338-Triangle.jpg)
This is the Smurfit-Stone Building (also know as The Stone Container Building) on Chicago's Michigan Avenue. It is one of the signature skyscrapers in Chicago and is located very close to Lake Michigan. While it looks diamond-shaped it is really two almost identical triangles.
I originally posted this photograph in color but because of the dreary sky I decided to do some postprocessing in black and white. It is such a fabulous structure and the dreariness didn't do it justice.
(18 of 365)
Thank you for the comment you write to me. Your picture is wery good and the triangle tower is amazing. I hope that you can read and understand my very bad english.
ReplyDeletecheers//Jeanette from Sweden
Like the triangle. The black and white really works.
ReplyDeleteThis is very striking in black and white - nice lines (and triangles)!
ReplyDeleteI love Chicago and this image, the processing is perfect.
ReplyDeleteIt is such a unique building. Love the tint too...
ReplyDeleteOh this is very nice great view of the building fits the theme beautifully
ReplyDeleteI think the black and white makes the pictures.
ReplyDeleteJust love it. Very nicely done. I haven't been to the "Windy City" since 1956 while attending electronics school at Great Lakes Naval Training Center.
ReplyDeleteVery dramatic shot in B&W. I'd like to see it in color, too, but this one is very artistic.
ReplyDeletePerfect shot for the theme and a great interpretation!
ReplyDeleteFabulous. I love the complimentary tones and the line and textures are wonderful.
ReplyDelete